PLEASE GET THE WORD OUT.
This was expected ! December 10, 2013 — A moderate earthquake has occurred along the Eastern Edge of the craton.
- 2013-12-10 23:49:31 UTC
- 2013-12-10 18:49:31 UTC-05:00 at epicenter
- 2013-12-10 17:49:31 UTC-06:00 system time
34.995°N 84.812°W depth=8.3km (5.2mi)
- 11km (7mi) SSE of Wildwood Lake, Tennessee
- 19km (12mi) SSE of Cleveland, Tennessee
- 28km (17mi) NNE of Dalton, Georgia
- 30km (19mi) E of East Brainerd, Tennessee
- 143km (89mi) NNW of Atlanta, Georgia
Why was this expected? See my previous post regarding the Yellowstone (western craton edge) Earthquakes , and this post regarding the earthquake swarm in Oklahoma / Texas.
This current Tennessee / Georgia earthquake occurred after a series of larger events to the West and Northwest….. all happening along the edge of the craton .
The fracking earthquake swarm in Oklahoma / Texas, the supervolcano chamber earthquake swarm in Wyoming / Idaho, and now this noticeable 3.1 magnitude occurring to the East.
The pressure transfer along the edge of the plate is OBVIOUS now. Previously geologist have denied this can happen ! This is profound proof for the seismologists, and geologists who are studying these events.
This diagram below shows the craton (right) and this past weeks buildup occurring to the West and Northwest of Tennessee (left).