On June 9, 2013 , a 3.4M earthquake struck central Oklahoma inside a large pumping / fracking operation.
click to view full size:
M3.4 – 7km S of Luther, Oklahoma 2013-06-09 07:12:31 UTC
- 2013-06-09 07:12:31 UTC
- 2013-06-09 02:12:31 UTC-05:00 at epicenter
- 2013-06-09 02:12:31 UTC-05:00 system time
35.590°N 97.201°W depth=5.1km (3.2mi)
- 7km (4mi) S of Luther, Oklahoma
- 11km (7mi) NNE of Choctaw, Oklahoma
- 23km (14mi) NE of Midwest City, Oklahoma
- 26km (16mi) ESE of Edmond, Oklahoma
- 31km (19mi) ENE of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The earthquake activity along the southern edge of the North American Craton carries on. Here are my past posts regarding this ongoing problem, the problem of man made earthquakes.