South Central Oklahoma is now showing seismic activity. June 24, 2013 , a 3.0 magnitude struck inside a different frack / injection / pumping operation.
Over the past several months, we’ve seen multiple moderate earthquakes occur to the north, near Oklahoma City, inside a very large fracking operation just outside of the downtown metropolitan area of OKC.
Now the movement is spreading southeast — producing this earthquake today (3.0M near Coalgate, OK).
- 2013-06-24 23:07:48 UTC
- 2013-06-24 18:07:48 UTC-05:00 at epicenter
- 2013-06-24 18:07:48 UTC-05:00 system time
34.517°N 96.369°W depth=14.1km (8.7mi)
- 13km (8mi) W of Coalgate, Oklahoma
- 40km (25mi) SE of Ada, Oklahoma
- 57km (35mi) N of Durant, Oklahoma
- 71km (44mi) SW of McAlester, Oklahoma
- 148km (92mi) SE of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Here are my past posts regarding Fracking earthquakes — Oklahoma is putting itself in serious jeopardy for larger seismic unrest … IF they continue delving greedily, and deeply into the Earth.