The unrest carries on.
Central Oklahoma showing ongoing, steady movement inside several pumping / injection / frac well operations. Today, (september 26 2013), another 2.8 magnitude occurring very close to a previous earthquake epicenter from January 16, 2013.
click to view full size:
USGS earthquake statistics for this recent event:
- 2013-09-26 05:17:11 UTC
- 2013-09-26 00:17:11 UTC-05:00 at epicenter
- 2013-09-26 00:17:11 UTC-05:00 system time
35.636°N 97.362°W depth=5.4km (3.4mi)
- 10km (6mi) E of Edmond, Oklahoma
- 17km (11mi) NNW of Choctaw, Oklahoma
- 20km (12mi) N of Midwest City, Oklahoma
- 22km (14mi) NNE of Del City, Oklahoma
- 23km (14mi) NE of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Here are all my past posts on the topic of man made earthquakes (fracking) / induced seismicity: