The FOURTH earthquake of the day in Oklahoma. Again, at another pumping / fracking operation.
Larger than the other three which occurred earlier today, this 3.5 magnitude , again, struck just a few hundred feet from an active well head.
click to view full size:
- 2013-10-02 00:38:53 UTC
- 2013-10-01 19:38:53 UTC-05:00 at epicenter
- 2013-10-01 19:38:53 UTC-05:00 system time
36.478°N 97.912°W depth=3.0km (1.9mi)
- 9km (6mi) NNW of Enid, Oklahoma
- 78km (48mi) WSW of Ponca City, Oklahoma
- 79km (49mi) NNW of Guthrie, Oklahoma
- 86km (53mi) WNW of Stillwater, Oklahoma
- 117km (73mi) NNW of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Read about the other earthquake events in Oklahoma today (Oct. 1, 2013) here:
Here are all my past posts on the topic of fracking induced earthquakes: