These seismic events are happening in small swarms, almost daily now… Central North Oklahoma under tremendous pressure… causing multiple mid-2.0M to 3.0M earthquakes.
Another 3.1M just struck North of Enid,OK. Occurring very close to today’s other Oklahoma event, the 2.7M just outside of Kremin, OK.
This is a sign of greater pressure occurring across the North American plate (craton), this current movement will indeed carry on into the near term (and long term) future.
Weak points like this, showing movement first, before other large scale movement along the edge of the craton.
Nearest injection / pumping well head is just 200 feet away from the earthquake epicenter – click to view full size:
- 2013-10-05 07:11:50 UTC
- 2013-10-05 02:11:50 UTC-05:00 at epicenter
- 2013-10-05 02:11:50 UTC-05:00 system time
36.489°N 97.844°W depth=4.5km (2.8mi)
- 10km (6mi) NNE of Enid, Oklahoma
- 72km (45mi) WSW of Ponca City, Oklahoma
- 77km (48mi) NNW of Guthrie, Oklahoma
- 81km (50mi) WNW of Stillwater, Oklahoma
- 117km (73mi) NNW of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Here is the previous post (from just a few hours prior to this above article):
Here are all my past posts on the topic of fracking induced earthquakes: