The movement across the edge of the craton carries on yet another day. November 5, 2013 showing a single earthquake occurring in North-Central Texas (near Reno, TX).
click to view full size:
How many man made seismic events in one week is TOO many?
Sure, we’d all understand a few 1.0M or 2.0M earthquakes from fracking operations every few months, however to have 4.0M events WEEKLY (almost daily at this point) in areas to the North of this current Texas quake, this constitutes somewhat of a ‘problem’ arising.
At some point, someone is going to have to put the kibosh on injection / extraction. Otherwise, its going to lead to what happened in 2011, only MUCH greater in magnitude.
- 2013-11-06 03:32:09 UTC
- 2013-11-05 21:32:09 UTC-06:00 at epicenter
- 2013-11-05 21:32:09 UTC-06:00 system time
32.935°N 97.550°W depth=5.0km (3.1mi)
- 2km (1mi) ESE of Reno, Texas
- 4km (2mi) N of Azle, Texas
- 19km (12mi) WNW of Saginaw, Texas
- 21km (13mi) NNW of White Settlement, Texas
- 280km (174mi) S of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Here are all my past posts on the topic of induced seismicity / man made earthquakes / frack well drilling :