Just made a post yesterday regarding the ongoing (building) earthquake swarm occurring at the midwestern United States pumping / injection / fracking operations.
Yesterday, November 10, 2013 — a 3.4M earthquake struck central Oklahoma on the flank of a large injection operation. Again today, November 11, 2013 — a 3.4M earthquake has struck central Oklahoma, again at an injection well operation.
Past 7 days of earthquakes in the midwest, shows the swarm well defined between Texas and Oklahoma (both injection / pumping / fracking operations):
The statistics for this current 3.4M event:
- 2013-11-11 11:07:08 UTC
- 2013-11-11 05:07:08 UTC-06:00 at epicenter
- 2013-11-11 05:07:08 UTC-06:00 system time
35.718°N 97.404°W depth=6.3km (3.9mi)
- 9km (6mi) NE of Edmond, Oklahoma
- 17km (11mi) S of Guthrie, Oklahoma
- 27km (17mi) NNW of Choctaw, Oklahoma
- 29km (18mi) NNE of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 29km (18mi) NE of Warr Acres, Oklahoma
All my past posts on fracking / injection / pumping induced earthquakes: