Watch the video update on the 6.9M (7.0M) earthquake here:
A 6.9M earthquake has struck Central Western China. (some agencies reporting 7.0M originally)
- 2014-02-12 09:19:49 UTC
- 2014-02-12 17:19:49 UTC+08:00 at epicenter
- 2014-02-12 03:19:49 UTC-06:00 system time
35.922°N 82.558°E depth=12.5km (7.7mi)
- 269km (167mi) ESE of Hotan, China
- 493km (306mi) ENE of Leh, India
- 522km (324mi) SSE of Aral, China
- 547km (340mi) ESE of Shache, China
- 903km (561mi) ENE of Islamabad, Pakistan
This movement WAS EXPECTED… see the video below..
Here is the post from February 8, 2014, be sure to reference this most recent Earthquake Overview to see why this occurred, and why we were expecting large scale movement in the near term.
Watch the Earthquake Overview video (from Feb 8) here: