For the past 2 days, have been warning of possible movement near Vancouver Island , British Columbia. Saying to watch for the next 3 days approximately.
Today, April 1 2014, a 4.7M event struck directly at Vancouver Island, BC.
(not an april fools joke lol).
- 2014-04-01 05:05:57 UTC
- 2014-03-31 20:05:57 UTC-09:00 at epicenter
- 2014-04-01 00:05:57 UTC-05:00 system time
49.212°N 129.249°W depth=6.1km (3.8mi)
- 211km (131mi) SW of Port Hardy, Canada
- 302km (188mi) WSW of Campbell River, Canada
- 313km (194mi) W of Courtenay, Canada
- 323km (201mi) W of Port Alberni, Canada
- 440km (273mi) WNW of Victoria, Canada
This area, around Vancouver Island, has been relatively quiet lately.
This seismic silence in the region lead me to issue the watch for the area. See the warning prior to movement in this video here:
or read the warning for British Columbia in this post from yesterday here:
quote from March 30 going into 31st :
“This means we can expect a major strain to be currently building upon the “edge” of the craton. Also areas meeting the Western and Eastern edges of the plate (British Columbia to the West, and Quebec Canada to the East) MUST be building stress to the point of release at some point soon.”
We’re not out of the woods yet…. keep watch still… next 2 days…. watch was 3-5days… today, 4/1 is day 3….