June 28, 2014:
Another noteworthy 4.0M earthquake occurred in North Central Oklahoma.
This current event occurred (again) directly on the edge of a large injection well / fracking / oil well drilling site. Also, rather worrisome to see this shaking occur very close to a large natural gas processing plant.
Last thing anyone needs is a large natural gas pipe to shake loose under all this heavy seismic activity (has been known to happen in the past in other active earthquake areas around the world like Japan, Russia, and Asia).
Pipelines which cross the area MUST be under stress at this point, after hundreds of earthquakes this year alone. Peoples yards are moving, foundations on houses moving, interior walls of homes moving… which means we can pretty much expect the pipelines and drilled out shafts themselves to be moving as well.
Here are the statistics on the current 4.0M event:
M4.0 – 11km SSW of Medford, Oklahoma
- 2014-06-27 22:35:05 UTC
- 2014-06-27 17:35:05 UTC-05:00 at epicenter
- 2014-06-27 17:35:05 UTC-05:00 system time
36.717°N 97.808°W depth=4.9km (3.1mi)
- 11km (7mi) SSW of Medford, Oklahoma
- 36km (22mi) N of Enid, Oklahoma
- 64km (40mi) W of Ponca City, Oklahoma
- 78km (48mi) WSW of Arkansas City, Kansas
- 141km (88mi) N of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Much more on man made earthquakes here:
The edge of the craton showing heavy pressure coming from the Pacific Northwest. Showing as activity up the West Coast of the United States, and along the edge of the plate extending through Utah into Oklahoma.
In addition to the heavy movement in Oklahoma, a 4.2M earthquake struck upon the Western edge of the craton in Central Utah, near an active mine (which collapsed several years ago killing several miners).
Here are the statistics on the 4.2M event in Utah:
M4.2 – 11km S of Mount Pleasant, Utah 2014-06-29 00:56:22 UTC
- 2014-06-29 00:56:22 UTC
- 2014-06-28 18:56:22 UTC-06:00 at epicenter
- 2014-06-28 19:56:22 UTC-05:00 system time
39.446°N 111.439°W depth=5.1km (3.2mi)
- 11km (7mi) S of Mount Pleasant, Utah
- 71km (44mi) SSE of Payson, Utah
- 76km (47mi) SSE of Spanish Fork, Utah
- 81km (50mi) S of Springville, Utah
- 151km (94mi) SSE of Salt Lake City, Utah