June 29, 2014
A large 7.2M earthquake has struck the South Atlantic at the South Sandwich Islands.
No Tsunami warning issued luckily, however very sizable for the region, and comes on top of other activity worth noting (seen below).
USGS earthquake information for this event:
- 2014-06-29 07:52:57 UTC
- 2014-06-29 05:52:57 UTC-02:00 at epicenter
- 2014-06-29 02:52:57 UTC-05:00 system time
55.460°S 28.520°W depth=35.0km (21.7mi)
- 160km (99mi) NNW of Visokoi Island,
- 2503km (1555mi) ESE of Ushuaia, Argentina
- 2689km (1671mi) ESE of Puerto Deseado, Argentina
- 2691km (1672mi) ESE of Rio Gallegos, Argentina
- 1971km (1225mi) ESE of Stanley, Falkland Islands
A 5.2M earthquake struck at the border of Arizona, and New Mexico. Happening upon the Western edge of the North American plate.
M5.2 – 50km NW of Lordsburg, New Mexico 2014-06-29 04:59:33 UTC
- 2014-06-29 04:59:33 UTC
- 2014-06-28 21:59:33 UTC-07:00 at epicenter
- 2014-06-28 23:59:33 UTC-05:00 system time
32.607°N 109.151°W depth=5.0km (3.1mi)
- 50km (31mi) NW of Lordsburg, New Mexico
- 83km (52mi) WSW of Silver City, New Mexico
- 136km (85mi) WNW of Deming, New Mexico
- 144km (89mi) NNE of Douglas, Arizona
- 288km (179mi) ESE of Phoenix, Arizona
(update 815pm June 29, 2014)
Multiple 3.0M+ events have struck the same area as the 5.2M event (within a few KM or less of each other)
3.4M East of Safford, AZ West of Lordsburg NM:
3.4M East of Safford, AZ West of Lordsburg NM :
3.5M East of Safford, AZ West of Lordsburg NM :
Last night I made a post on the multiple 4.0M+ earthquakes occurring along the edge of the North American Craton.
A graphic from that post is below, showing the movement along the edge of the plate occurring directly at the boundary of the craton edge.
Also, worthy to note the 6.2M earthquake which occurred on the other side of the Pacific approximately 80 miles away from Iwo Jima.
Underwater volcanic activity no doubt associated with this movement. To be expected after the 8.0M earthquake in Alaska.
The movement in the United States (pressure placed on the NW portion of the North American Craton), and the movement in Japan are to be expected.
See my video update calling for Western United States movement, and Japan movement near term after the 8.0M event this past week:
Main stream media not covering the 7.2M in the Atlantic, not covering the 6.2M in Japan, not covering the 5.2M in Arizona….People should be warned to prepare in Southern California, Pacific Northwest..I’m also watching New Madrid… yes, the NMSZ might show some activity soon…… hope my vibe on this is wrong… but… the pressure is showing, might translate into some kind of moderate movement in the midwest to East coast.
Have a plan, check my website for current info… also make sure to check my actual facebook wall, your feed will not show you all my posts here… links below..