This brings the total to ELEVEN large earthquakes in the past 7 days.
The graphic below shows the past 7 days of 6.0M+ earthquakes globally (up to June 30 2014):
This is the second 6.2M earthquake in 48 hours for the region off the coast of Japan. This current event occurring much deeper, at the edge of the Asthenosphere:
- 2014-06-30 19:55:32 UTC
- 2014-07-01 04:55:32 UTC+09:00 at epicenter
- 2014-06-30 14:55:32 UTC-05:00 system time
28.354°N 138.864°E depth=512.4km (318.4mi)
- 359km (223mi) WNW of Chichi-shima, Japan
- 656km (408mi) SSE of Shingu, Japan
- 682km (424mi) SSE of Owase, Japan
- 683km (424mi) SSE of Tanabe, Japan
- 817km (508mi) S of Tokyo, Japan
See my other posts (from 1 day ago) dealing with the new unrest event taking place around the Pacific , and in the United States as well.