A sizable earthquake has struck Southern Mexico, off the Western shores near the border with Guatemala.
Originally , the earthquake was listed as a 7.1M event.
No tsunami warning issued.
EMSC shows the event as being a 7.0 magnitude:
|Date time||2014-07-07 11:23:58.9 UTC|
|Location||14.91 N ; 92.28 W|
|Distances||193 km W of Guatemala City, Guatemala / pop: 994,938 / local time: 05:23:58.9 2014-07-07
52 km W of San Marcos, Guatemala / pop: 25,088 / local time: 05:23:58.9 2014-07-07
50 km W of Esquipulas Palo Gordo, Guatemala / pop: 1,533 / local time: 05:23:58.9 2014-07-07
1 km N of Tapachula, Mexico / pop: 197,961 / local time: 06:23:58.9 2014-07-07
USGS shows the event now as a 6.9 magnitude:
- 2014-07-07 11:23:55 UTC
- 2014-07-07 06:23:55 UTC-05:00 at epicenter
- 2014-07-07 06:23:55 UTC-05:00 system time
14.742°N 92.409°W depth=60.0km (37.3mi)
- 2km (1mi) NNE of Puerto Madero, Mexico
- 22km (14mi) SW of Tapachula, Mexico
- 29km (18mi) NW of Suchiate, Mexico
- 29km (18mi) WNW of Ciudad Tecun Uman, Guatemala
- 204km (127mi) W of Guatemala City, Guatemala