A sizable 6.7M earthquake has struck East of Kamchatka Russia / Kuril Islands (Northeast of Japan).
Ironic we seem to see these larger earthquakes before Typhoons come into the region….. Typhoon “MATMO” currently on path towards Taiwan / South Japanese Islands.
M6.6 – 94km SE of Kuril’sk, Russia 2014-07-20 18:32:47 UTC
- 2014-07-20 18:32:47 UTC
- 2014-07-21 04:32:47 UTC+10:00 at epicenter
- 2014-07-20 13:32:47 UTC-05:00 system time
44.626°N 148.728°E depth=60.8km (37.8mi)
- 94km (58mi) SE of Kuril’sk, Russia
- 291km (181mi) ENE of Nemuro, Japan
- 307km (191mi) ENE of Shibetsu, Japan
- 361km (224mi) ENE of Abashiri, Japan
- 1254km (779mi) NE of Tokyo, Japan
Typhoon MATMO information here: