A noteworthy earthquake has struck South central Mexico, North of the border with Belize.
M6.3 – 19km SW of Juan Rodriguez Clara, Mexico 2014-07-29 10:46:15 UTC
- 2014-07-29 10:46:15 UTC
- 2014-07-29 05:46:15 UTC-05:00 at epicenter
- 2014-07-29 05:46:15 UTC-05:00 system time
17.842°N 95.524°W depth=95.1km (59.1mi)
- 19km (12mi) SW of Juan Rodriguez Clara, Mexico
- 60km (37mi) W of Sayula de Aleman, Mexico
- 62km (39mi) SSE of Carlos A. Carrillo, Mexico
- 65km (40mi) W of Acayucan, Mexico
- 418km (260mi) ESE of Mexico City, Mexico
This movement in central America follows on the heels of hefty movement along the Southern portion of the North American craton (a 4.3M earthquake in Oklahoma last night).