Right on schedule, the pressure on the craton edge begins to show.
A 3.0M earthquake struck the central Southern edge of the craton, in Kansas.
Issued this watch alert a few hours ago:
“Colorado / New Mexico / Texas / Oklahoma / Kansas / Arkansas / Illinois / Virginia / New York / Pennsylvania / W. Virginia / Ohio — watch for moderate earthquakes 3.0M to mid 4.0M at the FRACKING / drilling / and mining operations.”
This event happened the same day as the movement along the West coast in California, and in the same hour as the 7.0M which struck Peru
M3.0 – 12km NW of Harper, Kansas 2014-08-25 00:10:05 UTC
- 2014-08-25 00:10:05 UTC
- 2014-08-24 19:10:05 UTC-05:00 at epicenter
- 2014-08-24 19:10:05 UTC-05:00 system time
37.374°N 98.109°W depth=8.7km (5.4mi)
- 12km (7mi) NW of Harper, Kansas
- 70km (43mi) WSW of Haysville, Kansas
- 76km (47mi) WSW of Wichita, Kansas
- 76km (47mi) WSW of Derby, Kansas
- 218km (135mi) NNW of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma