This is not something we see every day (or week or month for that matter).
A dormant volcano along the Northwest portion of Lake Tahoe California experienced a 3.5 magnitude earthquake at a shallow depth of 4.0 miles.
Be on watch for further movement in the Pacific Northwest in the near term. Two solar flares (M-class and X-class) , both Earth directed, are arriving over the next 2-3 days.
Larger earthquakes, earthquakes at dormant volcanoes, and movement at the Fracking operations can be expected as a result of the incoming blast from the sun.
M3.5 – 4km W of Tahoe Vista, California 2014-09-11 00:08:42 UTC
- 2014-09-11 00:08:42 UTC
- 2014-09-10 17:08:42 UTC-07:00 at epicenter
- 2014-09-10 19:08:42 UTC-05:00 system time
39.236°N 120.103°W depth=6.4km (4.0mi)
- 4km (2mi) W of Tahoe Vista, California
- 12km (7mi) SSE of Truckee, California
- 29km (18mi) WNW of Carson City, Nevada
- 34km (21mi) NNW of South Lake Tahoe, California
- 41km (25mi) SW of Reno, Nevada