A 7.2 magnitude event has struck the West Pacific near Fiji — the same day as a 6.0M earthquake struck in the South Pacific near Easter Island.
Higher resolution screenshot from Earthquake3D:
M7.1 – 141km NE of Ndoi Island, Fiji 2014-11-01 18:57:22 UTC
- 2014-11-01 18:57:22 UTC
- 2014-11-01 06:57:22 UTC-12:00 at epicenter
- 2014-11-01 13:57:22 UTC-05:00 system time
19.698°S 177.794°W depth=434.4km (269.9mi)
- 141km (88mi) NE of Ndoi Island, Fiji
- 313km (194mi) WNW of Nuku`alofa, Tonga
- 432km (268mi) ESE of Suva, Fiji
- 470km (292mi) SE of Lambasa, Fiji
- 546km (339mi) ESE of Nadi, Fiji
The 6.0M earthquake near Easter Island, followed by a 7.2M earthquake near Fiji….
We’ve seen this occur before.. same regions, within the same time frame. On April 15 2012, there was a 6.2M near Easter Island, and then a 6.5M struck near Fiji.
Monitor earthquakes nationally, and internationally here: